***WE ARE CURRENTLY ON DAYLIGHT SAVING TIME SCHEDULE***
(MARCH 8 - NOVEMBER 1, 2015)
Below are the watering schedules:
DAYLIGHT SAVING TIME SCHEDULE (Spring/Summer months - March - November)
Thursday & Sunday - Even House #'s
Wednesday & Saturday - Odd House #'s
Tuesday & Friday - Non-Residential (businesses)
Reclaimed customers may irrigate Two (2) days a week year round according to
Daylight Saving Time schedule
STANDARD TIME SCHEDULE (This schedule is for the cooler weather months November-March)
Sunday - Even House #'s
Saturday - Odd House #'s
Tuesday - Non-Residential (businesses)
(houses, duplexes, apartments)
(commercial businesses, industrial businesses, schools, churches, and Homeowners Association entryways and common areas)
PRINTABLE WATERING REMINDER (PDF) [117KB]
Print a friendly reminder of when your watering days are - two sizes allow you to post the reminder wherever you find it the most useful.
WHO DO THESE RESTRICTIONS APPLY TO?
Everyone in Seminole County who uses water for lawn and landscape irrigation, regardless of whether the water comes from a private well, surface water, or a water supply utility.
Seminole County does have additional restrictions beyond the St. Johns River Water Management District, so follow the restrictions below.
ARE THERE ANY ADDITIONAL RESTRICTIONS?
- Irrigation is permitted any time with a hand-held garden hose provided it is fitted with an automatic shutoff nozzle.
- Newly planted landscaping may be irrigated any day between the hours of 4:00 PM and 10:00 AM for the first 30 days following installation.
- Personal vehicle washing must be done using a hand-held hose fitted with an automatic shutoff nozzle.
WHY DO WE HAVE WATERING RESTRICTIONS?
The high quality groundwater that provides our drinking water is one of our most valuable natural resources. The population of Seminole County continues to grow, and we may not be able to continue using water the way we do now without creating environmental and financial impacts. Learning to use less water today is the best and least expensive way to avoid possible problems in the future.
WHO CAN I CONTACT WITH QUESTIONS?
Call the Water Conservation Coordinator @407-665-2121 with any water conservation questions that you may have.
HOW ARE THE RESTRICTIONS ENFORCED?
- Water Conservation Ordinance #2009-24 (PDF) [685KB]
Enacted by the Board of County Commissioners on July 28, 2009, this amended Ordinance allows the County to enforce established watering days. The Ordinance is County-wide and does include all water sources (reclaimed, lakes, wells, etc.)
- Seminole County code enforcement officers report observations of watering violations to the Water Conservation Coordinator. Violators receive a letter with a notification of a warning or a fine.
- If you have received a warning or fine and have installed new landscaping material within 30 days, please mail or fax a copy of a receipt, invoice, or other proof that includes the date of installation.
- If you have received a warning or fine that you believe is in error for another reason please call us at 407-665-2121.
- If you observe a watering violation, please note the address, date, time of day, and any other important information and call 407-665-2121.