SERV Invasive Removal Project
Seminole Education, Restoration & Volunteer (SERV) Program
Invasive Removal Project
Help restore the ecosystem function and habitat value of our lakes, rivers and protected lands by joining our invasive removal projects.
On these wonderful projects, you'll work in a beautiful outdoor setting alongside SERV, Seminole County Greenways and Natural Lands, and Lake Management Program biologists to remove harful invasive plants.
Invasive species are a major problem in Seminole County and we need a ton of help!
Why join the effort?
- Invasive species can destroy native ecosystems and lead to a loss of overall biodiversity.
- Brought into Florida either by trade, transport or agriculture
- Can thrive here due to our subtropical climate
- Lack natural competitors, predators and may have adaptations that our native species do not.
- Outcompete our native species for light, space, nutrients, water and food
- Are the #1 threat to listed species survival after habitat destruction
- Cover nealy 2,000,000 acres of Florida's natural areas (FDEP)
We have invasive removal projects throughout the year. Check out our upcoming events and we can always cater a special event just for your group! To sign up or if you need further info, please email email@example.com or call (407) 665-2457.